--> NOTE: We are currently 22 weeks out on new builds.<--
Purchasing now gets you in the queue!
In 1974 H&K initiated design work on a sound-suppressed variant of the MP5, designated the MP5SD (SD—Schalldämpfer German for "sound suppressor"), The TPM P5SD SBR A3 features an integral but detachable aluminium sound suppressor and a lightweight bolt. The weapon's 146 mm (5.75 in) barrel has 30 2.5 mm (0.1 in) ports drilled forward of the chamber through which escaping gases are diverted to the surrounding sealed tubular casing that is screwed onto threading on the barrel’s external surface just prior to the ported segment. The suppressor itself is divided into two stages; the initial segment surrounding the ported barrel serves as an expansion chamber for the propellant gases, reducing gas pressure to slow down the acceleration of the projectile. The second, decompression stage occupies the remaining length of the suppressor tube and contains aluminum baffles with several compartments which increase the gas volume and decrease its temperature, deflecting the gases as they exit the muzzle, so muffling the exit report.
The bullet leaves the muzzle at subsonic velocity, so it does not generate a sonic shock wave in flight. As a result of reducing the barrel’s length and venting propellant gases into the suppressor, the bullet’s muzzle velocity was lowered anywhere from 16% to 26% (depending on the ammunition used) while maintaining the weapon’s automation and reliability. The weapon was designed to be used with standard supersonic ammunition with the suppressor on at all times.
# DO NOT USE SUBSONIC AMMUNITION IN THIS FIREARM EVER#
TPM P5SD PISTOL / SBR / RECIEVER
- TPM rolled and welded receiver with perfect craftsmanship including Laser engraving
- Optional machined and welded 1913 Picatinny rail ($100)
- Free-floating RCM 16-flute cold hammer-forged MP5SD barrel with extended SD ports for better function with non-Nato 9mm ammo
- RCM MP5SD trunnion (NEW)
- RCM Tungsten filled sear-ready bolt group
- Anti-rattle magazine release with the required shelf
- Rubberized handguard/heat shield
- Ambidextrous 4 position 3rnd burst Navy-style semi-auto trigger group with left-side ESSL for pistol variant
- Ambidextrous 4 position 3rnd burst Navy-style semi-auto trigger group with left-side ESSL (A3 Collapsible and A4 B&T side folder SBR)
- (1) 30 round steel curved detachable magazines included
- Backplate with sling swivel (A1 Pistol)
- Fixed Sites: Rear rotary drum; Front hooded post
- Fully parkerized with HK Black KG final finish baked on
- TPM SD 12” suppressor with current baffles, they can take up to 200,000 rounds if well maintained
- Soft carry case